21201Re: [aprsisce] Re: Program crash..blue screen of death.

  • Bob Harris
    Dec 4, 2012
      I've had the best results with the one from Keyspan (now owned by Tripp Lite).

      One fringe benefit: it will keep the same com port number regardless of which USB port into which you plug it (unlike some others that assign a new com port number each time you plug the adapter into a different USB port).

      On 12/4/2012 7:56 AM, albeham2001 wrote:

      Thank you Lynn.

      I updated SM Bus Controller and I am looking for an update to the radioshack USB to serial cable for XP.

      I am trying to test out a belkin f5u003, but can't find any drivers.

      wondering if any others have a better fit for the usb to serial cable?

      AL KA1FFO

      > Blue screens cannot be caused by user-mode code like APRSISCE/32, but
      > only by drivers like the one that probably supports your USB to serial
      > adapter. See if you can find updated drivers for that and your system
      > should probably stabilize.
      >
      > Or try it with a different USB to serial adapter, preferably one using a
      > different chip set.

      > On 12/3/2012 8:00 PM, albeham2001 wrote:
      > > Ran the updated program today.
      > >
      > > It ran great, connected to the TNC, Kam Plus, Via usb cable, ran great for about 30 minutes, then the blue screen came.
      > >
      > > restarted the PC several times..no joy..still crash after a few minutes. in fact the usb mouse sometimes does not work even after i restart, so i need to restart another time.
      > >

      > > XP pro 2002 service pack 3 AMD 64X2 Dual 4400+ core.
      > >
      > > USB to serial cables.
      > >

      > > what should i try do..
      > >

      > > AL KA1FFO

      BobHarris (K9UDX)