      From: GPSL@yahoogroups.com [mailto:GPSL@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Conner
      Sent: 02 December 2012 00:04
      To: GPSL list
      Subject: [GPSL] Re: [Balloon_Sked] CNSP Launch announcement

      The initial course at float altitude should be around 080, so it should run a little north of last year's track.  I expect it will go over central Colorado then along the Kansas/Nebraska border and on east.

      I plan to work on a more detailed track but in general it should run a ways north of the 2011 track if it floats as expected.  If it does cross the Atlantic, I think it'll be northern Spain or France rather than southern Spain and the Med.

      73 de Mark N9XTN

      On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM, k6rpt <Ron@...> wrote:

      California Near Space Project (CNSP) is scheduled to launch a stratospheric floater on Sunday, December 2, 2012, at 4:45 p.m. (PST), weather permitting.

      Mark Conner, N9XTN, from NSTAR is working with us on this project and has given CNSP the final ok to launch.

      CNSP will be filling indoors using a floating arm scale which allows the fill to be very accurate.

      APRS updates will be every two minutes with a total run time of 60 hours. The APRS tracker will report voltage during the flight.

      Flight # CNSP-18 (K6RPT-12)

      -Ron K6RPT
      http://www.CNSP-Inc.com