    Subject:[aprssig] Temporary UI-NWS WX Warning Fix
    Date:Sat, 01 Dec 2012 14:37:20 -0500
    From:Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2@...>

    If you have been using      firenet.us:14580    to receive the US National Weather Service advisories, watches and warnings in UIview or other APRS programs, you may have noticed that the colored warning zone overlays stopped working a few days ago.

    The problem is that the  firenet  servers were recently upgraded to JavAPRS server.  Apparently the interpreter for the filter command   t/n   which causes the NWS alerts to be sent to you was broken in the process.

    To restore the NWS feed functionality, you need to add

        e/
    WE7U-WX

    to whatever filter expression you are already using.

    Hopefully, the   t/n   filter in JavAPRS Server 4.0 will be fixed shortly.

    Kudos to Lynn KJ4ERJ for figuring out what was going on!

    --

    Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
    Skype:        WA8LMF

    High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
       http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
       http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

    Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
        http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

    "APRS 101"  Explanation of APRS Path Selection & Digipeating
      http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

  • Show all 2 messages in this topic