21140Re: [aprsisce] APRSISCE File Locations

    Dec 1, 2012
      On 12/1/2012 12:42 AM, N5TEV wrote:
      > I just got APRSISCE up and running on my Pocket PC, and it looks very promising. I intend to use it RF only, TM-D710 Port (APRS Mode).

      May I ask what you are using to connect to the D710? Bluetooth to
      serial or something else?

      > One of the first things I am doing is prefetching map tiles prior to my next road trip. I have noticed that all the map data is being saved in main storage(\OSMTiles). Also, I'm seeing several log files being generated in \My Documents.

      That is correct observations on the WinMo version. Also, please read
      http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy and don't get too
      carried away with high zoom level prefetching. The OSM Tile servers CAN
      tell who is fetching how many tiles and we really don't want to get this
      application blocked.

      > To conserve main memory storage, I would like to know if there is a setting to have this data (especially the map data) stored in a different location, specifically my SD card.

      Close APRSISCE, use File Manager to MOVE the OSMTiles directory out of
      where it is and onto the SD card. When you restart APRSISCE, it will
      ask you to tell it where you put the tiles. Navigate to that directory
      and it'll remember the new location. You can verify this by
      double-clicking an empty space on the map and looking for the
      appropriate tile set (Original) name. The path it is using is after the ->

      Alternatively, you can figure out a way to edit the XML file, but
      there's two different places that you'll need to set the path for the
      Default tile set. One specifies the location of the active tiles and
      the other specifies the configuration of the Default tile set.

      > If possible I would like everything associated with APRSISCE stored on my SD card where I am running the program from (\Storage Card\Program Files\APRSISCE)

      You can move APRSISCE to the SD card, but it's pretty small. The log
      files are currently (and probably will remain for some time) directed
      specifically to My Documents so that they will synch to your desktop for
      easier access. You can reduce the file size of the logs by unchecking
      Enables / Logging / File Enabled which will cause all non-forced logging
      to not go to the *.LOG file. Of course, debugging in this mode is more
      problematic.

      Only the 10 most recent *.LOG files are kept and they rotate each time
      you restart the client. I'm hoping to get them to rotate every day (or
      maybe a user-configurable number of hours, 0 being only on restart) in
      order to prevent them from growing over a long span of time (very
      important for unattended IGates and such), but I've got higher priority
      things waiting to be done.

      All of that said, I've not had any trouble with the *.LOG files filling
      my phone and I keep the client running 24x7 with a 200 mile (2000
      configured) range covering most of the state of Florida. Of course, for
      most of you a 200 mile range gives you a full circle of activity whereas
      I only get a semi-circle (check out KJ4ERJ-12 to see why).