20938Re: [aprsisce] Re: Maps space vs sector size idea

    Nov 21, 2012
      Thanks for the suggestion, but .Net functions only make things easy if you're using .net.  APRSISCE/32 is written in 100% straight C with direct Win32 API calls.

      And I was under the impression that .CABs were designed to be created once and read many times.  With the tile purger, I need some construct that supports efficient update of the contents which is why I'm not even considering a .ZIP-style container.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

      On 11/21/2012 2:02 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

      Hi Lynn,

      You can use cab files like that.  I’m sure you already know that cab files are just zipped files but they have a different header that will let you use them like an extended partition.   It’s been a long time since I used them like that but if I remember correctly there is a function in .Net 2.0 that makes it really easy.

      Paul Davis

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic