20930Re: [aprsisce] Maps space vs sector size idea

  • Patrick Wood
    Nov 21, 2012
      Steve you just have a small map set...and perhaps smaller disks..  on my 119 gig drive I'm closer to 40-50% of wasted space.  Don't mind losing 3 gig of space to go portable with any of my map sets, but would be nice to put it to other uses.

      On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

      I just did a quick test by zipping my OSM directory, you don’t save any space from a file size point of view, but with 22MB of files, size on disk dropped from 27MB to 22MB, so it is worth considering some sort of “packing” for a 20% reduction in disk space used. (I rounded the figures)

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner