20736RE: [aprsisce] IS- RF Gating

  • Greg Depew
    Nov 3, 2012
      Sorry for the late reply was at work all day. see below.

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: kj4erj@...
      Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 23:57:02 -0400
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] IS- RF Gating

      What radio is showing your path? I suspect it is showing the unwrapped
      third-party packet.
      I am using the vx8g and  ftm 350, they both say digi(F) TCPIP digi(L) KB3KBR-1*.
      If you check your RF logs in the IGate, do you hear digipeats coming
      back of the 3rd party packet?

      I dont see any digipeats back in either the scroller or both radios. The whole reason i found out about this was that I had both the ftm 350 and the phone tracking me out of rf range of the gate but not my digi. I was getting my objects and beacons from -1 thru the digi -2, and my -9  beacons  as well but no phone beacons until I got into range of the Igate.

      If not, do you even hear digipeats back of your own beacon?
      Yes. I hear the digis of my beacons and objects just not my gated to rf stations.
      What do your radios show of the IGate's beacon as compared to the -IS
      to RF gated 3rd party packet?