      From: Keith VE7GDH
      Sent: 3 Nov 2012 14:20:07 GMT
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] IS- RF Gating

      Greg KB3KBR wrote...

      > I have a filter set to gate everything from KB3KBR. b/KB3KBR*
      > and while it is working ie I can see my Android phone, KB3KBR-10,
      > coming across my radios, it is not being digipeated even though
      > my path is set at wide1-1,wide 2-2...

      > WinMain:2012-11-03T03:22:01.869 IStoRF:Packet(KB3KBR-10)
      > KB3KBR-1>APWW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2:}KB3KBR-10>APDR12,TCPIP,KB3KBR-1*:=4123.64N/07938.51W$
      > http://aprsdroid.org/ Samsung Droid Charge

      I can't help you with the actual problem, but is your IGate really
      using a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2? Only you know if you really
      need a three hop path, and if it's too long for your location, but
      fixed stations (and anything that flies high) should not use a path
      of WIDE1-1.

      Another path I would question would be KB3KBR-7 (VX-8)
      asking for a six-hop path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,PA3-3.

      KB3KBR-9 is also using a six hop path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,PA3-3.

      Note... if you are going to have your IGate gate everything from
      KB3KBR-10 to RF, you could lessen the load on the RF network
      by not having it include "http://aprsdroid.org/ Samsung Droid Charge"
      in every single beacon. That's 45 bytes that you could save on every
      single beacon. You could also lessen the load by not having it
      beacon every 10-20 seconds. Beaconed via TCPIP to the APRS-IS,
      the load is just on the APRS-IS. With it being gated out to RF,
      it affects everyone around your IGate.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      www.ui-view.org