20715Re: [aprsisce] Balloon over Maine

  • Bob Harris
    Nov 1, 2012
      Thanks for the tip Lynn

      I had not (until now) tried Shrieks. Have it working

      On 11/1/2012 10:49 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      Very cool and thanks for the notification.  And as a reminder, if you want to keep both the balloon and the chase vehicle visible without a bunch of clutter, just click on each in turn and Configure Nickname on them and set the comment to something like !BALLOON!.  You do NOT need to check  the box beside comment.  Then you can do a View / NONE followed by a View / Shrieks / !BALLOON! to see just those tagged stations.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

      On 11/1/2012 10:42 AM, Bob Harris wrote:
      For you who are balloon watchers, there is one over Maine at the moment (W1YA-11) and its recovery vehicle appears to be AA1PJ-3.

      I am receiving some of the balloon's packets directly over RF in New Hampshire.

      Bob Harris (K9UDX)
      Bath, NH

      --

      BobHarris (K9UDX)