20381Re: [aprsisce] WebDT 366 basic setup?

    Oct 4 5:59 AM
      On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Tony VE6MVP <tony@...> wrote:

      > But I couldn't set my location to anything reasonable because the OSM
      > files weren't found and the map was blank. So I didn't want to set my
      > location to a random point although I guess I could've.

      Didn't have your WIFI enabled? APRSISCE automatically goes out and
      grab the tiles from the OSM servers as required.

      > Also note that I find using the term ME is quite confusing along with
      > those messages that pop up. "Do you want to move ME to the center of the
      > screen?" I'm thinking WTF does that mean every time I see that message.
      > Using the term My Map Location or something similar makes a lot more sense
      > to me.

      We've been around that bush before...

      > Note that APRSIS CE wouldn't even let me exit the program.

      Not until you set your location. You started the process by launching
      the program... Just pretend you're a little boy again, and you can't
      leave the dinner table until you finish all your peas!

      > BTW don't forget to add the info about the Prolific 2303 being the only
      > serial port adapter for which the WebDT 366 has drivers.

      I'll have to figure out where to put that...

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic