20103RE: [aprsisce] Help RNLI AIS to APRS

    Sep 17, 2012

      Yes that system seems to get very active at weekends, with a lot of objects sending very frequently

      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of James Ewen
      Sent: 17 September 2012 19:03
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Help RNLI AIS to APRS

      wrote:
      >> And I agree with you James, my thought on resending AIS onto RF was
      not a
      >> good one
      >
      > I understand the desire, but others might have issues with the
      > concept. I'd just opt to not do it...

      Have a look at what might happen if you set up an automated
      retransmission of position reports from another service...

      http://aprs.fi/info/F-CLIN

      Specifically look at the stations near this station, as well as the
      raw data from these stations.

      I doubt that all of these aircraft have APRS onboard, and the q
      construct gives a clue that these *might* be packets generated by the
      server CHALLES.

      qAS - Packet was received from another server or generated by this server.
      The latter case would be for a beacon generated by the server.