19706Re: [aprsisce] IPAQ 210

    Sep 1, 2012
      http://www.socketserial.com/product.htm Second one down the left side.  Worked really well until I left the e750 in a loaner car that was subsequently found by the dealer and set aside in an insecure location only to have it sprout legs and walk away before I could get back to pick it up.  The dealer made it right buy funding a replacement which became an AT&T Tilt which is still functioning.  Needless to say, I make sure I a) don't put much in loaner cars and b) clean them out before returning them.

      I had a CompactFlash RS-232 serial adapter for my (positively ancient) Toshiba e750 Pocket PC (http://tinyurl.com/bn32dfm).

      On 9/1/2012 1:38 PM, Greg D wrote:
      Googling around, it looks like the 210 is about 2 years newer (2008) than my hw6945, and runs Windows Mobile 6 (mine is WinMo 5).  No keyboard or Cell connectivity, but my guess is that it would run APRSISCE just fine.  The review I read (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/HP-iPAQ-210.htm) says that there's a CF slot where you can attach a GPS(!).  Not sure what they are thinking.  I do not see any mention of a serial port, however, just USB.  Confirmed elsewhere.

      Greg  KO6TH

      Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      Do these iPaqs run Windows Mobile? If so, can you tell what version?
      If not, what does it run?

      There should be information in Start / Settings / System / About.