19347Diatribe (was: DX reformatting...)

    Aug 3, 2012
      On 8/3/2012 3:32 PM, James Ewen wrote:
      On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      See also one of the lower paragraphs in my diatribe response to James.
      I wouldn't consider that a diatribe response... just sharing ideas and
      implementation reasonings. We're not bitter nor forceful!

      I didn't realize "diatribe" was quite that negative!  I'll go with the origin from:

      1575–85;  < Latin diatriba  < Greek diatribḗ  pastime, study, discourse, derivative of diatríbein  to rub away ( dia- dia-  + tríbein  to rub)