19312Re: [aprsisce] DX reformatting (Dev: 2012/08/02 08:57)

  • Adam Mahnke
    Aug 3, 2012
    So this is what you're looking for to use as wiki fodder?

    Adam
    KC2ANT

    -----Original Message-----

    From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Sent: 3 Aug 2012 14:18:11 GMT
    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [aprsisce] DX reformatting (Dev: 2012/08/02 08:57)

    DX reports only go to the DX list as far as I know.  They're "special" packets and aren't really APRS stations so I doubt that they'd show up there.  I know they only go to the DX screen on my D700.

    And I'm still curious as to whether the D72 even has the support as I could not find it mentioned in the manual.

    PS.  Look for an update later today that brings in the whole enchilada of the new rolling DX accumulation window and Min Interval application.

    On 8/3/2012 10:00 AM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
    I have to do more playing with it, but I think the D710 is showing the DX reports on the screen, but not in the station list.

    Anyone else able to confirm that?

    Adam
    KC2ANT

    From: kj4erj@...
    Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:28:26 -0400

    Oh yeah, the DXcluster trace log that forces itself visible every time it updates will quit doing that in the next Dev release.  Sorry 'bout that in the meantime, but at least you can tell when it sends a packet out!

    On 8/2/2012 9:06 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
    Reformat the DX report to provide HHMMz visible in the list (timestamps are important), add NNNNmi/km for visibility on D700 (and hopefully D710) details, use Port Name as "frequency" element and position for readability (http://www.aprs.org/TWP.html is wrong about FIELD-ONE's position on screen).

    Here's some (hopefully final) screen shots from my D700:

    Note that I renamed my RF Port as 144390.0 (edit the XML and change the <RFPort Name="xxxxx"> element).  The 79mi won't show up on D7/D72s according to Bob's Tiny Web Pages document, but then, he had the frequency element down one line on the D700 also.

    If anyone gets this going and can get screen caps from a D7, D72, and/or a D710, it would be good Wiki fodder.