      From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...>
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Lost objects
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 11:27 PM

      Please close your client and e-mail your APRSIS32.XML file to KJ4ERJ@....  I can check it out and see what I can make of it.  But, there are some options:

      1) Make sure you have View / All checked.

      2) Double-check your Configure / General / Range and remember that it is expressed in 1/10 mile increments.  50 is only 5 miles, 500 is 50 miles.

      3) Make sure ME is in the right place, use Screen / Follow / ME to see where it is.  If it is wrong, then drag/zoom to where you should be, hit Transmit and then confirm the intent to Move ME to Center.

      4) Check what all you might have in Configure / General / Add Filter.  In particular, watch out for minus (-) filter elements that would exclude certain things from coming from APRS-IS.  Especially look for -t/o which would eliminate all object packet.

      Those are the ones that come quickly to mind.  If all else fails, just close the client, delete your APRSIS32.XML file, and restart.  Reconfigure and all should be well.

      On 7/5/2012 12:17 AM, Kurt Savegnago wrote:

      Sat down today and tooled around with APRSIS32 on one screen and the wiki on the other.  Just had an internet connection up though I've run it with a serial GPS and with a D7A(g) and a D72A attached in a simple mode.

      Was messing with the filters and such and I somehow lost the ability to receive objects though APRS-IS is O.K.  It did receive objects from the IS before I sat down and starting banging away and making changes to some of the menu items. I do have a simple internet only setup at the office I could scroll through the menus and see what I've done but I've banged my head over a couple of hours and can't seem to get the objects to display.

      I mean the objects transmitted by outside local stations.  I have an Xastir setup transmitting an object  I know is hitting the digi that's 400yds. away and making it to APRS.fi.  I'm not talking about objects generated locally on the APRSIS32 setup.  I do like the ability to turn the objects on and off actually.

      Earlier in the day, I was receiving that object on this APRSIS32 setup over the internet but now that capability is gone and I don't know what I messed up in the menu!  Drat.      Is there a distance setting in the menu that I might have set incorrectly so Objects at a certain distance aren't displayed?   I'm racking my brain on this one.                        Kurt KC9LDH

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic