18737Re: Messages (was: Log playback?)

  • KE6BB
    Jul 4, 2012
      Maybe the ability to scroll back thru previously received messages rather than the program forgetting them as soon as they are read, like it does now? That might be easy (at least in the minds of us non-programmers <grin>). Lynn might even be able to make it a user configurable parameter where you could set it, i.e. "Keep last XX messages", and once the buffer has XX messages in it, it would start deleting the oldest ones first. Maybe a time parameter would be better, "Keep messages less than YYY minutes old." Just a thought.

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <vk2asy@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > I would find it very usefull to be able to revisit messages that have been previously read.. I often go back to old messages if I happen to remember the callsign of the station involved..
      > So the useful feature would be single place to look at all old messages.. I am mainly interested in those that have been in the current run of the program... not woried so much about having them saved and reviewable over a restart.. It's more about remembering the call sign than any thing else..
      > Once I have the call, If I need to see the actual messages I can access them on aprs.fi...
      > ... For me this is NOT a high priority feature, but something for the todo list, to be done well after the IS-RF work....
      > 73 Kim
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic