18731Re: Log playback?

  • ksaves2@sbcglobal.net
    Jul 4, 2012
      I was scoping out the vagaries of messaging in the group. Trying to find a wiki to see if APRSIS32 can stuff all the messages in a file so I can just click on 'em sequentially rather than have to scroll/click, scroll/click on the messages pull-down.

      Anywho, I believe UI-View and Xastir definitely have playback and maybe YAAC though I'm not so sure of the latter.

      Kurt KC9LDH

      > On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      > > PS.  Sorry for the delay in answering, but I'm on vacation and only
      > > process e-mail during breaks.  Sometimes I might miss a message or two.
      > Sounds like a tough vacation if you have to take breaks from it!
      > Pat laid out the concept very nicely.
      > Think about us chasing a balloon... it would be neat to be able to
      > capture the balloon flight, along with the chase and recovery vehicles
      > for later playback. You could watch the balloon flying away from the
      > launch site, then the chase vehicles take off towards the recovery
      > area, watch them wait for the balloon to burst, and then if necessary
      > the repositioning for recovery, and final move to the touchdown
      > location.
      > (Of course our chase and recoveries are pretty silly looking because I
      > can not convince the rest of the chase crews to spread out and
      > surround the anticipated landing area. It usually ends up being a big
      > old parade out to the balloon on the ground. It's always "Follow
      > James, he'll get us there!")
      > Another more important use would be for post-mortem analysis of events
      > such as ARES deployments. Being able to see where people went, and
      > whether better pre-positioning, or deployment could have been achieved
      > would be very handy.
      > When replaying, a date/clock showing playback time would be good to
      > have so you can tell when things were happening. Replay of messaging
      > during the playback would be handy.
      > Of course there are far more frivolous uses of replay to be had as well.
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic