18225Re: [aprsisce] Log playback?

    Jun 1, 2012
      On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      > PS.  Sorry for the delay in answering, but I'm on vacation and only
      > process e-mail during breaks.  Sometimes I might miss a message or two.

      Sounds like a tough vacation if you have to take breaks from it!

      Pat laid out the concept very nicely.

      Think about us chasing a balloon... it would be neat to be able to
      capture the balloon flight, along with the chase and recovery vehicles
      for later playback. You could watch the balloon flying away from the
      launch site, then the chase vehicles take off towards the recovery
      area, watch them wait for the balloon to burst, and then if necessary
      the repositioning for recovery, and final move to the touchdown
      location.

      (Of course our chase and recoveries are pretty silly looking because I
      can not convince the rest of the chase crews to spread out and
      surround the anticipated landing area. It usually ends up being a big
      old parade out to the balloon on the ground. It's always "Follow
      James, he'll get us there!")

      Another more important use would be for post-mortem analysis of events
      such as ARES deployments. Being able to see where people went, and
      whether better pre-positioning, or deployment could have been achieved
      would be very handy.

      When replaying, a date/clock showing playback time would be good to
      have so you can tell when things were happening. Replay of messaging
      during the playback would be handy.

      Of course there are far more frivolous uses of replay to be had as well.