18194Re: Log playback?

  • Pat KC6VVT Assistant SEC/IL
    Jun 1, 2012
      I agree, a history file automatically saved for later replay would be a great addition. While most authors stress that APRS is 'real time'. sometimes you aren't paying attention when something happens. Turining on a log function in advance is advised. But then, all you have is a bunch of chaff when you 'read' but not display it in a replay.

      This file playback feature is one of the better user features of the APRS Dos version, and allowed an APRS user to replay periodically automatically saved *.hst files to see what happened that day in the APRS world, or to demonstrate to other APRS users how their coverage of a special event, parade, or WX event played out.

      I'll see if I have a syntax text sample from my DOS files to add:
      K9CZ @211910z4457.18N/08410.35W'214/092/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211912z4454.54N/08412.41W'186/097/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211914z4451.62N/08414.02W'208/085/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211915z4450.57N/08415.15W'219/071/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211923z4441.69N/08423.27W'208/123/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211924z4439.08N/08425.24W'208/133/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211926z4434.96N/08427.85W'203/135/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211927z4432.60N/08429.60W'208/136/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211929z4428.21N/08432.94W'208/138/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211931z4425.86N/08434.75W'208/137/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211932z4423.65N/08436.58W'214/134/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211934z4419.48N/08440.02W'208/134/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211935z4417.24N/08441.95W'214/136/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211937z4412.12N/08445.48W'203/140/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211940z4406.71N/08449.33W'208/135/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211942z4404.40N/08451.15W'208/134/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211944z4359.98N/08455.37W'214/136/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211955z4338.17N/08513.01W'214/131/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211956z4335.91N/08514.78W'208/134/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @211959z4330.47N/08517.72W'197/139/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @212009z4310.62N/08532.42W'214/137/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @212010z4308.53N/08534.40W'214/132/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...
      K9CZ @212016z4255.59N/08543.47W'208/138/TH-D7/M1/Enroute...

      This is an airplane only file that I copied one day from a 'everything .hst' files to replay for a demonstration of DOS, so you may compare to the APRSIS32.gpx format that a track is saved, which may be better suited to the portables.
      See the TAPR APRS DOS files for more *.hst files.

      73 de Pat KC6VVT

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "w9rxr" <w9rxr_@...> wrote:

      > I have the log file from an APRSIS/32 session from a couple of days ago. I would like to play back that log file so I can see the track of some stations from that day. Is there any way to do this? Or convert the log to a GPX file that I can plot in a map program?
      >
      > BTW, what is the .PKT file?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Bob...

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic