16368Re: [aprsisce] Re: icon Digi (symbol 35)

    Apr 3, 2012
      APRSISCE/32 sorts its internal station list alphabetically and uses a
      binary search to locate a station whenever a new packet is received.
      This is necessary to handle 20,000+ stations in a list and 30
      packets/second without eating even a contemporary system alive with
      continual shuffling of a time-ordered list. Screen painting is done by
      traversing this alpha-sorted list, hence the alphabetical ordering of
      stacked station icons.

      Until and unless I implement some sort of efficiently updatable data
      structure to order by most recently received packet age, this is the way
      it will be. At least the station labels distribute themselves around
      the stack as long as there's empty space available, unlike some other
      APRS clients which stack the labels along with the symbols.

      Anyone have any idea how UI-View handled stacked stations?