16341Re: Argent Data Systems

  • KE6BB
    Apr 2 6:52 PM
      Ron,

      I didn't see a reply to your question, so it probably got lost in the flurry of messages. I don't even pretend to be Lynn, but I will take a stab at this.

      The difference between regular KISS and Simply KISS is that regular KISS sets up the port so it sends Kenwood D710 (I think it is) setup commands on startup (and shutdown, if my memory is correct) of APRSISCE(32), and Simply KISS sets the port up so that no setup commands will be sent...in other words, as a generic TNC.

      Based on my experience with various Open Tracker versions (I have never used the T2-135), I suggest you put the T2-135 into KISS mode by setting it up that way with a terminal program before starting APRSISCE(32), and then set the APRSISCE(32)port up as a Simply KISS port after starting APRSISCE(32). If the T2-135 is like the OT's, it will stay in KISS mode even after removing and reapplying power. Don't forget to read the last FAQ on the Argent website concerning beaconing and digipeating. Unless disabled, it will continue to beacon and digipeat even in KISS mode. I suspect these can actually be disabled in the configuration program, or via the right commands sent from a terminal program.

      When you first get the unit installed, hook it up to a terminal program and play with the commands. If the T2-135 fails to respond to commands, you may have slipped it into KISS mode. Simply hit Ctrl-C more than 3 times, and it should come back out.

      Mark
      KE6BB

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Ron N9SZV" <n9szv@...> wrote:

      > Lynn, I forgot to ask you when I setup the new TNC do I have it in Simple kiss or just the Kiss mode I know it asks....Thanks
      >
      > Ron
      >

      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Ron N9SZV" <n9szv@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok, Lynn I ordered the T2-135
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic