150APRSIS32 Installed

  • Jerome
    Dec 30 12:47 PM
      Lynn,

      I Installed APRSIS32 per your instructions; Entered my Call WD4CWG-2 and created a OSMTiles subdirectory from the Directory where the exe is located; Located Home and exited program to save.

      Program worked fine ... however

      The OSMTiles files seem to be "locked" into a location other than specified.

      I originally placed the APRSIS32.exe in my c:\My Documents\My Downloads\APRS\APRSIS32 Folder. Then I installed the program, as described ... Entered my Call WD4CWG-2 and created a OSMTiles subdirectory from the Directory where the exe is located; Located Home and exited program to save. When I started up the program everything ran fine, but when I checked for the OSMTiles files, the OSMTiles folder did not exist and the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders were located at C:\My Documents\My Downloads.

      I then deleted ALL the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders, deleted the APRSISCE.log, and deleted the APRSIS32.xml. I then repeated the above and got the same result.

      I then deleted ALL the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders, deleted the APRSISCE.log, and deleted the APRSIS32.xml again, then I created and moved to C:\Program Files\APRSIS\ and copyied the APRSIS Folder with ONLY the EXE and repeated the install ... (Exe now in folder C:\Program Files\APRSIS\APRSIS). I again entered my Call WD4CWG-2 and created a OSMTiles subdirectory from the Directory where the exe is located (C:\Program Files\APRSIS32\APRSIS32\OSMTiles); Located Home and exited program to save. When I started up the program everything again ran fine, but when I checked for the OSMTiles files, the OSMTiles folder did exist this time, but the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders were still located at C:\My Documents\My Downloads.

      Is there another file located somewhere else that is defining the directory structure that I failed to delete ? Any Ideas ?

      Thanks,
      Jerome
      WD4CWG
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic