14478Re: [aprsisce] Re: FTM-350 port and NMEA

    Dec 7, 2011
      Glad to have the definitive answer.  I thought there was a reason that I hadn't hooked the NMEA gleaning code into the FTM-350 type port.  At least until Yaseu does another firmware release, passthrough GPS is a non-starter.

      Thanks for taking the time to confirm it.  Can you provide the menu name/number/navigation that has the three options you enumerated?  That's the one that needs to be set to Data for the FTM-350 to provide APRS packets to APRSISCE/32, right?

      On 12/7/2011 4:21 PM, n5dtx wrote:

      Hi Lynn,

      Thanks for this great program with awesome features!  I really appreciate all of the hard work you have put into this thing as well as your collaborative spirit to work with the community to add enhancements!

      I breezed through questions 1-3 quickly because I had been there and done that.  On question 4, by asking me to bring up a terminal emulator, you nudged me to discover the answer which appears to be NO.  The FTM-350 has three options for output: GPS, DATA, or WAYPOINTS.  Each of these streams can only be provided by the radio one at a time depending on the menu selection.  Therefore, when I was getting a GPS fix, the radio was set to GPS, and likewise I was getting good tracks on the screen when the radio was set to DATA.  I can send you copies of all three data types if you would like to look at them but it is pretty clear to even a rookie like me that we can't pull tracks and gps from the same data stream.

      I appreciate the nudge, and now a definitive answer is here on the message board.  I may try to add another GPS to the mix to see what I can work out but I was really hoping to keep it simple and pull it all from the radio.

      Thanks again,

      Graham / N5DTX

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic