14292RE: [aprsisce] On-Screen View-Filter Indicator

  • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
    Dec 1, 2011

      I like it. :-)

      „filt” it was also my thought, but not expressed.

      I think it is good also from polish language interface perspective (somewhere in the future) while we say “filtrowany” when english language has “filtered”. The same beginning, isn’t it? ;-)

      Wow!

      I’ve just checked number of most common languages translations for “filtered” and almost always it is started with filt... so I vote for it.

      --

      Regards,

      Krzysztof

      SQ5NWI

      From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...>
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 9:38 AM

      But, my overriding desire is to make it blatantly obvious that you've got some sort of filter in force that is causing you to not see everything that's "out there".

      On 11/30/2011 9:34 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      On 11/30/2011 9:14 AM, Rob Giuliano wrote:

      My thought would be:

         ALL                                    -> All

      I kept it lower-case to be less intrusive, but that's current.

         (ALL)  with line through         -> None

      Actually, all with a line through it doesn't mean "None", it means "some" and sometimes "one+ME" and sometimes "ME-only".  That's the confusing part that I want to clarify.

         ME                                     -> ME (and follow)

      That's be View / None, but if you're following someone else, it's one+ME, but if you're following ME, it's just ME.  I'm thinking maybe "one" for the former and "none" for just ME?

      PS.  I know, "uno" just to bring some multi-linguality into it!  (I8N is in the long-term plans though...)

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO