13743Re: [aprsisce] local airports

  • Keehan Dowd
    Nov 7, 2011
      At about 11-11-07 10:59 AM, James Ewen whilst discussing "Re: [aprsisce] local airports", wrote the following:

      On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Keehan Dowd <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

      > YEG is sending via CWOP and APRS-IS:
      > http://aprs.fi/info/a/CYEG

      That's not CYEG.

      That is a packet being injected into the APRS-IS stream by KK5WM-2.

      That's what I said!   The data is originating from YEG and is coming to you via CWOP and APRS-IS.  :)

      So the question "Any idea if local county municiapl airports transmit
      any aprs data?" still comes up with a no for our local airports.

      So the OP was looking for APRS via RF?  Oh, I see now.  I was thinking APRS via RF or IS.

      No one has installed APRS transmitters at any of the local airports in our area.

      I wonder if they'd be receptive to the idea?

      Regards,
      Keehan.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic