13741Re: [aprsisce] Re: The birthday boy got his wish! (I think)

    Nov 7, 2011
      On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      > I still think you and Kevin are asking for something that current path
      > analysis is not able to provide in its current form.

      You'd be wrong there because you are already doing the job, the only
      difference is the retention time.

      > Your desire: Filter by transmitting STATION showing the full path of
      > packets transmitted by that STATION) or by receiving STATION (be it
      > digipeater or IGate or your ME).  Within that filter, keep the age
      > filters, especially the Age / "Only One".

      Nope, display the path of the last packet recieved. You do that right
      now, keeping it for forever, 30 minutes, 10 minutes, 2 minutes, or 10
      seconds.

      The suggestion is to have the last path heard shown until a new
      incoming packet is heard. On a full feed, the paths would flash so
      fast it would be just about useless. On RF in a moderately busy
      network, you would be able to see the overview of where the activity
      is taking place in "real time".

      It's basically the same as holding the paths for 10 seconds, but the
      10 second value varies depending on the time until the next packet is
      heard.

      Now I have to go find the message where you defined what Only One means...