13614Re: [aprsisce] TNC Wiki - Kenwood TM-D710 Port (APRS mode)

    Nov 3, 2011
      Thank you for the D700 reminder! I've done some experimentation with a
      Bluetooth connection from my phone to the D700 for a KISS port and found
      that the default KISS <CloseCmd>s seem to send the D700 out to lunch. I
      now use the following on my D700 KISS port:

      <OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LOC E 0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LTMON 5</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LTMHEAD OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>GPSTEXT $GPRMC</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>XFLOW OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>FULLDUP OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>KISS ON</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>RESTART!RESTART!2</OpenCmd>
      <CloseCmd>^192^255^192~!cmd:!5</CloseCmd>

      I WILL be getting these into a standard port type eventually (hopefully
      sooner than later given the nudge).

      Oh, and the radio DOES need to be in TNC Packet mode before starting
      APRSISCE/32 or enabling the port. If you power-cycle the radio, you'll
      have to disable/re-enable the APRSISCE/32 port to put it back into KISS
      mode, but at least that WORKS with this set of commands and doesn't seem
      to work with the default KISS commands.

      PS. I've also experimented with using an NMEA passthrough from the D700
      into my WebDT366, but I managed to lose the settings that I have on it
      but I believe it was just a TEXT port with NMEA checked and the
      following commands (guessing, if someone tries this, let me know if I
      have it right):

      <OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LOC E 0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LTMON 5</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LTMHEAD OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>GPSTEXT $GPRMC</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>XFLOW OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>FULLDUP OFF</OpenCmd>
      <CloseCmd>~!!0</CloseCmd>

      In actual fact, the LTMON, LTMHEAD, and GPSTEXT commands are probably
      not necessary in the KISS-protocol port which would probably enable
      faster if I ever get around to removing them!