1319Re: [aprsisce] Path for ISS

    May 3, 2010
      BeaconPath has nothing to do with being able to receive anything. If
      your radio is tuned and the TNC can decode, you'll hear and gate to the
      -IS. If you're trying to get a beacon to go out through the ISS, then
      you are correct in the proposed BeaconPath setting, at least, according
      to what I've just recently read in other groups.

      If you turn on Enable / View Logs / IGate (assuming you've heard
      something) and keep that window open, you should see any packets that
      you gate from any RF source.

      A future version will have port-specific path settings and the ability
      to log all activity to disk, but that's not even in the development
      version yet.

      And you are correct, it appears that the ISS APRS went offline over two
      days ago.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      Stan Leeds wrote:
      > Lynn or the group,
      >
      > Changing <BeaconPath>WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1</BeaconPath> in the XML file to
      > <BeaconPath>ARISS</BeaconPath> and proper frequency of 145.825 should
      > setup me up to hear the ISS when it passes by, correct?
      >
      > What IGate functions can I verify to be able to IGate?
      >
      > I don't think the ISS APRS is running right now, but I want to be ready.
      >
      > Stan/KC7EHJ

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic