12731Re: [aprsisce] Re: Yaesu VX-8GR computer connection - NOT

    Sep 27, 2011
      On 9/27/2011 3:14 PM, Sean D. Fleming wrote:
      > I am not sure that know the answer to this question.
      > > From what I understand is that they hooked it up to a nuclear and it sent over waypoint.

      What is a "nuclear" that had what hooked up to it? And APRSISCE/32
      expects pure, unadulterated APRS-formatted packets, not GPS/NMEA
      formatted waypoint output. I know the latest firmware revs of the
      FTM-350 support APRS output.

      But even then, I'm not aware of the VX-8GR's ability to send out
      waypoints, let alone the raw NMEA data from the internal GPS.

      Anyone actually own one of these, hooked it up to a PC, and maybe be
      able to get a capture of whatever data comes out of it?