11869Re: [aprsisce] Ctrl-Arrow Pans (Dev: 2011/08/24 23:56)

    Aug 25, 2011
      Ok, so you don't want the screen to quit tracking center when you
      accidentally pan it, but you do want it to let you pan the map around
      without jumping back to center. And you don't want to tell the program
      that you're intentionally panning?

      Uncheck Screen / Follow / Locked (soon to toggle with the L key) and
      you'll be happy panning around the map with no worries of jumping back.
      And when you're done, just hit C and you're back to the centered station
      (which might be ME).

      At least, that's what it'll be soon.

      PS. I'd have to look back through the archives, but it might just have
      been you that complained that an inadvertent drag of the map "broke" the
      connection to keeping ME centered which introduced the whole "Locked"
      concept. Originally if you panned off of center, it would not go back
      to tracking the center until you explicitly told it to. And then too
      many people were touching the screen and wondering why it quit following
      them, or the station they were tracking.

    • Show all 34 messages in this topic