11830CPU Consumption (Dev: 2011/08/24 14:37)

    Aug 24, 2011
      I noticed that my full-feed instance was consuming substantially more
      CPU than I was used to seeing and then noticed that the Configure /
      Screen / Date/Time / Performance numbers were consistently 0+x/y*0+z
      where the two zeros are supposed to represent the shadow painting
      performance enhancement that I did a while back. Well, it turns out
      that I busted that enhancement while attempting to make APRSISCE (and 32
      on resource-constrained platforms) recover more gracefully when GUI
      resources run slim. I've re-re-organized the affected code and
      (theoretically) still have the low-resources recovery (which I haven't
      really verified yet) while restoring the CPU consumption optimization.

      Bottom line: Most of you probably didn't notice, but those of us on
      WinMo would possibly have noticed decreased battery life over time. I'm
      sure glad I kept the CPU monitor capability!