11350Re: [aprsisce] Re: It's Ringy-Dingy Time Again

    Aug 2, 2011
      On 8/2/2011 4:03 PM, ve3xj wrote:

      > How are you getting access to the GPS data from the D72?

      Through the USN cable that runs between the radio and the computer.
      > You can't get access to the GPS data in the D72 via a connected
      > computer while playing APRS in KISS mode, which is how Lynn likes to
      > control these radios.

      Really?  Then how does one  explain how I was able to do it yesterday and the day before just fine?

      Ok, let me guess.  You have an NMEA port configured to talk to the D72 and have an RF Port configured to talk to the SAME COM port?  That's a UI-View trick that APRSISCE/32 doesn't support and would cause open errors on one or the other depending on which thread got the port open first.

      Tis is the crux of the problem.  When I press the Transmit tab, nothing happens.  Nothing, nada, a handful of nothing.  It just sits there like  blob.  Even if if I left click on my location on the screen then go to the Lat/long line of my location, click that, I then clicked on "Move ME to this location".  Nothing happens, According to ASPRISCE, I am lcated in Montreal, regardless oif reality, or by telling it wherre I should be.  ASPSISCE has indicated that it doesn't give a rat's rump where I really am, it is going to put my icon where it wants me to be.

      If you have a GPS configured and Enabled, then Transmit does just that, it transmits where the GPS says you are located.  If you disable the GPS (or have none configured), then Transmit will ask if you'd like to move to the center.