11345Re: [aprsisce] Re: It's Ringy-Dingy Time Again

    Aug 2, 2011
      On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM, ve3xj <ve3xj@...> wrote:

      > > Do you have a GPS configured or are you using the GPSapi-supported WinMo
      > > GPS?
      > >

      > I am using the interval GPS of the D72

      How are you getting access to the GPS data from the D72?

      You can't get access to the GPS data in the D72 via a connected
      computer while playing APRS in KISS mode, which is how Lynn likes to
      control these radios.

      > The APRSISCE screen has had me variously located in Montreal,
      > Ottawa asnd for a while back, at my home location.

      The APRSISCE screen doesn't tell you where you are located, you tell
      APRSISCE/32 where you are located using the map on the screen. If you
      center on Timbuktu, and press transmit, and then answer yes to the
      "Move me to Center?" question, you are telling APRSISCE/32 that you
      would like to be located in Timbuktu.

      The error 5 says that the com port you are trying to access is already
      being accessed by another program. Lynn just posted that answer less
      than 24 hours ago.