      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Sent: 19 July 2011 17:07
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Latest version

      Yes, that is the latest version and it is only available via the About updater.  There's no significant changes in it vs the version in the Files section, but I messed up the update server and had to push my latest internal version out before I had intended to.

      The About updater first attempts to use the Coral CDN (Content Distribution Network see http://www.coralcdn.org/) to provide for lightening the load on the primary server when new versions are released.  However, with CoralCDN, I get what I pay for sometimes (it's free), which is why the program is designed to fall back to fetching the update direct from my server.  It really doesn't "go elsewhere", but instead goes directly to the source on the retry.

      On 7/16/2011 9:01 AM, Tony Hunt wrote:

      I notice the latest version for the programe (Windows32) seems to be  21-05-2011 but I can not find that on the yahoo group files areas anywhere. Any reason for this? The download/upgrade seems to work ok from the programe itself  but only once it fails what appears to be the primary download location it goes elsewhere to get it.

      Tony Hunt  VK5AH wavetel@...

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic