1086Re: Love this over vi view

  • g4ilo
    Apr 9 1:10 AM
      There is already a Windows app that can do that. I forget what it is called, it didn't interest me particularly but a friend showed it to me once. It connects to a DX Cluster node using Telnet to get the cluster spots.

      Doing this via packet / APRS only makes sense if you have no internet access. Otherwise it's a rather inefficient way to get the information. And most DXers even portables have internet access these days.

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, lists@... wrote:

      > > I am not sure there was a request to include dx spotting within aprsis.
      >
      > If you think about it, APRS is the PERFECT application to include a DX spotting option. Not only could the information be display by callsign, but the callsign of the spotted station could be placed on a global map, giving a visual representation of where the activity is coming from. With enough spots, you might even be able to predict where the activity should be coming from.
      >
      > I think there is a way to filter US only spots, Euro only spots, ect. As well as a way to filter spots entered by US users only or Euro users only, ect. I think there is a valuable tool here that could open APRS up to WAY more than those wishing to simply watch their buddies driving around town.
      >
      > Just my $0.02!
      >
      > Jason KE4NYV
      > RPC Electronics, LLC
      > www.rpc-electronics.com