1076Re: [aprsisce] Love this over vi view

    Apr 8, 2010
      Short answer: Yes.

      Longer Answer: I've got some interesting ideas on cross-band
      digipeating, but am currently working through the configuration of the
      beast so that mere mortals have a chance at making it work, while at the
      same time, it would be difficult to configure it badly which can have
      severe ramifications on our shared channels.

      The work I'm doing now with renovating the AGW/KISS/TEXT interface
      implementation is being done with exactly that focus, cross-band
      digipeating and bi-directional IGating, but with varying paths per
      interface and individual enables of each feature.

      Consider the following snippet of a configuration file I'm working on
      for VHF digipeating. And then figure out how to apply such a
      configuration approach to a cross-band, actually X-way cross,
      digipeater. Like a single APRSIS32 instance with KISS to 2m VHF, AGW to
      30m AX.25, TEXT to 30m PSK-63 (via APRS Messenger), and some other
      interface to listen to the ISS and be a Sat Gate...

      A WIDE1 digi would configure:
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE1*</DigiXform>

      A WIDE2 digi would configure:
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-1=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-2=WIDE2-1</DigiXform>

      A WIDE2 that wanted to truncate paths:
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-2=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-3=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-4=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-5=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-6=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-7=WIDE1*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-1=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-2=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-3=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-4=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-5=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-6=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-7=WIDE2*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-1=WIDE3*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-2=WIDE3*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-3=WIDE3*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-4=WIDE3*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-5=WIDE3*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-6=WIDE3*</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE3-7=WIDE3*</DigiXform>

      To Regenerate a path (You really DON'T want to do this!):
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE1-1</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-1=WIDE2-2</DigiXform>
      <DigiXform>WIDE2-2=WIDE2-2</DigiXform>

      Or even (WORSE!):
      <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE7-7</DigiXform>

      PS. KJ4ERJ-1 is now an IGating WIDE1 digi running KISS to a TT4 along
      with PSK-63 and AX.25 30m.

      Colin Catlin wrote:

      > Lynn,
      >
      > I too have never used AGW. But want to!
      > I'm thinking of setting up a 2m and 10m Digipeater.
      > It would be good if I could use APRSIS controlling AGW with 2 rigs
      > (one for each band).
      > I would particularly like to be able to control what is repeated
      > crossband since there could be problems when there are openings on 10m.
      > Is this likely to be possible?
      >

      > 73,
      > Colin.
      >

      > On 08/04/2010 14:35, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
      >>
      >> I have never used AGW. But I want to! I will only use one I think
      >> (for I-Gate).
      >>
      >> Best regards,
      >> Fred

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic