10590Re: [aprsisce] Re: Kenwood D700 vs D710

    Jun 15, 2011
      Actually, if you scroll to the bottom, they were responding to my
      one-liner about the D7. They've got it straight for what they were
      answering. I think I've eliminated the D7 idea anyway as I really need
      a true mobile, not another HT.

      On 6/15/2011 5:01 AM, w7boz wrote:
      > I think you are confused Greg,
      > The D700 and D710 are mobile radios, not the TH-D7A and 2.
      > Lynn, someone mentioned Bigger Buffers..... I think that the issue we had working with the TH-D7A and Bluetooth dropping the connection is such here. Bluetooth works great except when sending APRS messages. And I think the Buffer overflows and causes the problem. Maybe Aprisce can gave away to control this.
      > Anyway, I am off topic on this whole reply...... I have 2 GREAT batteries for my TH-D7A and last a long time! One I rebuilt.
      >
      > Now as far as the D700 and D710, it depends on your desired use. And how much money you have. :) I agree with the previous post by Bill.
      >
      > Kevin
      > W7BOZ
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Greg D<ko6th.greg@...> wrote:
      >> Oh, and the battery is a factor too. I've not seen an original model
      >> battery that can hold a charge. Mine did for a little while, then gave
      >> out. I ended up getting a 6xAA pack from Batteries America and put
      >> 2650mah NiMH cells in it. A little piece of wire to short out the
      >> charge-blocking diode, and I'm all set.
      >>
      >> Any way, the point is to factor in the cost of batteries too. I was
      >> chatting with another Ham about the one at the Swap, and the cost of the
      >> battery, and the fact that the new D72 is out, tipped him in favor of
      >> not getting it.
      >>
      >> Greg KO6TH
      >>

      >> Greg D wrote:
      >>> I saw one at a Ham swap last month. The guy wanted $150 for it. I
      >>> paid $300 for mine a few years ago.
      >>>
      >>> Data points, for whatever they're worth.
      >>>
      >>> I presume it's the D7a/g model, right, vs the original D7a? The "g"
      >>> part is newer firmware and features.
      >>>
      >>> Greg KO6TH

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic