10585Kenwood D700 vs D710

    Jun 14, 2011
      Ok, I know there's some of you out there that own Kenwood D700s and/or
      D710s. I'm trying to figure out if it's time to purchase one or the
      other and if the $$$ difference is worth the functionality.

      So far, I understand that the D710 has SmartBeaconing and the automatic
      frequency insertion into the APRS comment text.

      From an APRS perspective, knowing that I'll be adding a bluetooth
      adapter to the TNC output on either one, is the D710 worth about twice
      what I can get a D700 for?

      On a semi-related note, how much would you think a D7a would be worth to
      you? Short fuse on that question though.

      I don't mind posts back to the group, or you can reply privately to
      KJ4ERJ@....