10385Re: New computer, new problems (drat)

  • apenadragon
    Jun 1, 2011
      The administrator modes refers to your machine user accounts, if it's yours and there's only one account on it, then it's an administrator.

      I have APRSIS32 working on a lot of windows 7 machines with no issues.

      Make sure that APRSIS folder isn't in the program folders file, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it doesn't like being in that folder.

      I can't help you with your passwords, but I'm sure I could manage to e-mail you a zip file of the program.

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, kc8sfq@... wrote:

      > Hi Guys and Gals:
      > Well, it begins again.
      > I had just
      > about climbed out of the learning curve valley and had my computer talking
      > to the other stuff. I had assumed that when  my OT2;s finally got
      > here, there would be a little bit of a lump in the learning curve, and
      > then I'd finally be running mobile APRS with mapping.
      >
      > Well.
      > that was not to be. My old hamfest-scored computer croaked. I had to buy a
      > new machine, and now nothing works. I can't get into Yahoo Groups to
      > download the APRSIS32 program. I tried moving it from my desktop (no
      > good). I tried downloading from the wiki (no good). (fortunately, I can
      > still view my group e-mails, so at least the learning can continue)
      >
      > Yahoo groups wants me to sign in, when I try to do so, I am told
      > that "that address is available, do you want to register a new
      > account?" When I try to register as a new account, I am told
      > "that address is taken". It's my callsign, The FCC assures me
      > that I'm the only kc8sfq in the world. (still waiting for yahoo to help
      > with that one.)
      >
      > What I think i know:
      >
      > 1: The laptop
      > that croaked had my passwords and cookies saved, obviously I can't get at
      > those, and I can't find where I wrote them down. Probably why Yahoo won't
      > let me in.
      >
      > 2: The APRSIS32 I down loaded just flashes with a
      > horizontal bar across the screen. I expect this is due to the new machine
      > being a win7 operating system. The literature for APRS32 says it'll run in
      > "non administrator mode". I have no idea what that is, or how to
      > get in or out of it.
      >
      > I guess I'm mostly venting here, so thanks
      > for plowing through it (or just hitting delete without busting my chops).
      > Help with that administrator mode thing would be appreciated though, then
      > I should be able to get the APRSIS32 running
      >
      > Thanks and 73'
      > Ron

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic