10379Re: Aprsisce digi capable..

  • Andre
    Jun 1, 2011

      > On 5/31/2011 8:43 PM, Bill V WA7NWP wrote:
      > >
      > > Does APRSISCE have an option to digipeat on a packet with NO next path
      > > entry? That's sometimes handy.
      >
      > It does not and it sounds like a really dangerous option. Can you
      > describe the function, what it actually does with each packet received,
      > what the packet looks like after that promiscous digipeat, and why/when
      > it would be considered handy and not harmful?
      >
      > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ/EA1 - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
      >
      > PS. If you could also mention what other software/hardware has such a
      > feature, I can point to "prior art" when someone says I've done
      > something stupid.

      digi_ned has that option, I think it was called digiend.
      a packet would come in as digi1*,digi2*,wide2* and go out as digi1*,digi2*,wide2*,mydigi*.
      The reason it was included is that at the time in the netherlands we had a seperate novice aprs frequentie on 70cm and wanted to be able to get all trafic that came in on 144.800 back out on 430.5125.

      other aplication where it would be handy is the superlan idea that sadly never toke off when the 144.39 fix came about.

      73 Andre PE1RDW
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic