10370Re: Aprsisce digi capable..

  • vk2asy
    Jun 1, 2011
      My thought on extending hops beyond what was set in the first place, is more a problem if there are other stations able to hear the hop, and they add hops.. where does it stop..

      I don't feel we should be able to add hops at the end..

      I could have it completely wrong, and be on the wrong track!

      ;-)

      73 Kim

      > On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      > <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Good guess James, but that won't work.  APRSISCE/32 currently only
      > > matches on the first UNUSED (no *) element of the path.  If they are all
      > > used, you'll see an entry in Digi(NOT) that says so and that packet
      > > won't enter the digipeater logic.
      >
      > I'm going to assume that when you shove the packet back out the door,
      > the WIDE1* actually ends up in the frame as WIDE1 with the
      > has-been-digipeated bit set... right?
      >
      > When you get deep into the digipeater logic, we'll talk about
      > preemptive digipeating and more. If those silly little cellphones
      > become trashcan fodder, they might be a nice little platform for smart
      > digipeaters. Hook into the old KPC-3 sitting on the mountaintop, and
      > have APRSISCE running on the cellphone doing the digipeating. The
      > biggest detractor to making the APRS network smarter is the fact that
      > there are so many KPC-3 TNCs out there that are limited on what they
      > can do. A little duct tape, and some wires and the KPC-3 can get a
      > brain transplant.
      >
      > Having a copy of APRSISCE at every digipeater would allow for some
      > extremely serious enhanced digipeater logic, and smart operations. I
      > best get to bed and let these thoughts dance their way through my
      > dreams!
      >
      > James
      > VE6SRV

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic