10232For those watching at home...

    May 25, 2011
      I was unable to track up and back as my YL needed to use the phone for
      Internet access, but my son and I hiked to the highest point in
      Montserrat today and I even made it back (a bit sore, but I made it
      back). 1,600 foot height increase across a 6+ mile round trip.

      I've placed an APRS object call SntJeroni if you're interested in where
      it is. Yes, it really is as rough as the satellite view shows. We got
      some great shots of the extremely loaded tower carrying the ED3YAB-V/-U
      repeaters as well.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Operating /EA3 at the moment

      PS. We did try to make a contact from the top, but I don't think any of
      the Castillians could understand our English.