The artwork on our homepage

  • ritaniblack
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26 12:55 PM
      The artwork on our home page is by Phoebe Anna Traquair (1852-1936), an Irish artist who was part of the Arts and Crafts Movement in Scotland. This painting is part of a collection done for St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Edinburgh. You can find out more about her by going to the link with her name.
    • ethan.kleinhenz
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
        --- In appliedspiritualitymullen2009@yahoogroups.com, "ritaniblack" <ritaniblack@...> wrote:

        > The artwork on our home page is by Phoebe Anna Traquair (1852-1936), an Irish artist who was part of the Arts and Crafts Movement in Scotland. This painting is part of a collection done for St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Edinburgh. You can find out more about her by going to the link with her name.

        I think this painting is about a mass. There are altar servers and that usually means there is a mass going on. It looks like they are all going up to the altar for mass. But also it could be a prayer ceremony because all the people look like they are praying. Overall this is a holy picture.
      • avaholic914
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
          --- In appliedspiritualitymullen2009@yahoogroups.com, "ritaniblack" <ritaniblack@...> wrote:

          > The artwork on our home page is by Phoebe Anna Traquair (1852-1936), an Irish artist who was part of the Arts and Crafts Movement in Scotland. This painting is part of a collection done for St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Edinburgh. You can find out more about her by going to the link with her name.

          I think this painting is about mass. I also thinks that it is about bringing everyone together because that is one thing that mass does. I think that this picture symbolizes everyone. In this picture there are all types of people from all different races. Also I think that this picture is showing all the children ready to learn...like us!!
        • maxwellstrathman
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009

            > > The artwork on our home page is by Phoebe Anna Traquair (1852-1936), an Irish artist who was part of the Arts and Crafts Movement in Scotland. This painting is part of a collection done for St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Edinburgh. You can find out more about her by going to the link with her name.

            In this picture there appears to be a Mass. The painter shows all the people reading and probably praying. We can look at this painting and see God's influence in it. We can also look at it and meditate. This painting is a very good example of prayer.
          • princessthmorgan
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
              --- In appliedspiritualitymullen2009@yahoogroups.com, "ritaniblack" <ritaniblack@...> wrote:

              > The artwork on our home page is by Phoebe Anna Traquair (1852-1936), an Irish artist who was part of the Arts and Crafts Movement in Scotland. This painting is part of a collection done for St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Edinburgh. You can find out more about her by going to the link with her name.

              I like the way she portrays the religious community that comes together.
              She also shares in the painting that we all share prayer together and we pray as a group. Her art is very exact and creative, it is to the point. Her style is very unique and I like the way she does it.

              Morgan W.