Re: Synching iPhone 4S to my former Iphone 4?

  • Andrew Piantanida
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28 10:50 AM
      You know, I tried that, but iTunes told me the software on my new iPhone was outdated. So it made me update it, & now I have Andy-Siri. Am wondering if it is possible to switch it back to X-Man now? Any help is welcome!

      --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, archiegrapa@... wrote:

      > When you first plugged your new 4S (Andy-Siri), you should have been presented with options to either setup as new or restore from a backup. If you choose the latter, then choose the backup from X-Man, Andy-Siri would look the same as X-Man.
      > Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

    • Donald
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29 5:59 AM
        You should be able to do a restore from back as though Andy-Siri "is" X-Man.

        --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Piantanida" <piantanida31@...> wrote:

        > You know, I tried that, but iTunes told me the software on my new iPhone was outdated. So it made me update it, & now I have Andy-Siri. Am wondering if it is possible to switch it back to X-Man now? Any help is welcome!
        >
        > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, archiegrapa@ wrote:
        > >
        > > When you first plugged your new 4S (Andy-Siri), you should have been presented with options to either setup as new or restore from a backup. If you choose the latter, then choose the backup from X-Man, Andy-Siri would look the same as X-Man.
        > > Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

      • Andrew Piantanida
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30 8:42 AM
          This is how I did it:
          1.) I restored the "Andy-Siri" down to the basics. Total Restore.
          2.) Then I was able to select "X-Man" as the phone to which I wished to restore it.
          And it worked!

          Thx. -Andy P.