RE: [apple-iphone] Re: New lap top

  • Richard Bauer
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 26 11:30 AM
      all of my music is stored on my laptop's hard drive in a separate partition and backed up onto two different external drives. my itunes is set to that partition so in a case like yours all i'd need do is replace the hard drive or laptop, restore the music files from one of the external hard drives and then download the music from the new hard drive into the phone. no need for separate apps or any anxiety. i like to keep things simple.
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 26 11:54 AM
        Don't you take regular backups of your files on an external drive?

        Otto

        On 26 April 2012 19:21, <staryeyd74334@...> wrote:

        > How does Senuti works? I am having to have my harddrive replaced on my
        > computer tomorrow and need a way to have all my music saved

      • N.A. Nada
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 26 12:16 PM
          Wrong use for Senuti. It copies music from a iDevice back into iTunes.

          This is an iDevice list and Rene and Sanjaya were trying to save music from their iDevices back into a new iTunes set up.

          Senuti is not for backing up a computer.

          On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:21 AM, staryeyd74334@... wrote:

          > How does Senuti works? I am having to have my harddrive replaced on my computer tomorrow and need a way to have all my music saved

        • lwr32
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 26 11:46 PM
            How about iRip? It works on !ac or PC, iPad, iPhone and iPod http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/

            🐰 Alice

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 26 11:48 PM
              Though I've never used Senuti, it looks like it will only let you move music. iRip will do everything on your device, just choose what you want it to do.

              🐰 Alice

              On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:01 AM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@...> wrote:

              > Look for an app called Senuti. It will move music off your iPhone and allow you to put it back into iTunes, in a case like yours.
              >
              > I had a similar problem once and that is what I used to save having to reload all that music.
              >
              > Note the name Senuti is iTunes spelled backwards, and that is what it does, it moves music in the other direction of iTunes.
              >
              > Brent
              >
              > On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Sanjaya Kanoria wrote:
              >
              > > What if the music is not a purchase but downloaded into the mac via a c d and thence to the iPhone. I've got a new mac and I want to use it. Will I lose all my music the moment I sync?

            • Dave Skolnick
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 27 3:49 AM
                For a few dollars you can get a case for the hard drive of your old laptop and plug it into a USB port on your new laptop. Drag and drop or import your old library to the new one and you are done.

                dave
              • Jim Saklad
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 27 8:02 AM
                  The question was about moving music....

                  -- From my iPad --

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 27 9:35 AM
                    All Sanjaya asked for was music, but it Sanjaya wants to move more then use PhoneView from eccam.com.

                    I use it mostly to save the phone call logs, but it will move most things from the iPhone to a Mac.

                    On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:48 PM, lwr32 wrote:

                    > Though I've never used Senuti, it looks like it will only let you move music. iRip will do everything on your device, just choose what you want it to do.
                    >
                    > 🐰 Alice
                    >
                    > On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:01 AM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Look for an app called Senuti. It will move music off your iPhone and allow you to put it back into iTunes, in a case like yours.
                    > >
                    > > I had a similar problem once and that is what I used to save having to reload all that music.
                    > >
                    > > Note the name Senuti is iTunes spelled backwards, and that is what it does, it moves music in the other direction of iTunes.
                    > >
                    > > Brent
                    > >
                    > > On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Sanjaya Kanoria wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > What if the music is not a purchase but downloaded into the mac via a c d and thence to the iPhone. I've got a new mac and I want to use it. Will I lose all my music the moment I sync?

                  • Sanjaya Kanoria
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 27 11:30 AM
                      Wow this sounds neat! Will it work on a mac?