Re: [apple-iphone] Keyboard strikes

  • lwr32
    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 23 6:52 PM
      Sanjaya, I know Siri is a robot. I was speaking of those around us. I'm not the only one in my house LOL

      🐰 Alice

      On Apr 22, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Sanjaya Kanoria <wsbunter@...> wrote:

      > If you dictate a message into your iPhone using SIRI no human being is listening to it. It's the software which is writing down what you're speaking into your phone. However ALL of your data on the phone can be accessed by the gentlemen at apple if you're using iCloud to backup! Similarly whenever you send an email your host (gmail, yahoo etc) is privy to all you're sending. The police have access to these computers and do actually use them to trace terrorists etc. Indubitably, the moment one uses an electronic communication medium privacy is lost.
      >
      > On 22-Apr-2012, at 12:44 AM, lwr32 <whiterabbit32@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Talking to your iPhone using Siri is not private like typing is. I have an iPad 3 gen with dictation. Haven't used it. I don't want my side of messages of any sort being listened to by people it doesn't concern. Sound reasonable?
      > >
      > > 🐰 Alice
      > >
      > > On Apr 20, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Sanjaya Kanoria <wsbunter@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > If you have the iPhone 4 S use the Siri to dictate messages it's much faster much more convenient and almost magical!
      > > >
      > > > DICTATED USING SIRI!

    • MD
      Message 49 of 49 , Apr 27 12:53 PM
        Not sure if the developer has any way of fixing it. The problem with the shortcuts to the settings is Apple disabled that ability in 5.1. Yet the developer is still selling a $0.99 app that promises something Apple will not let him deliver. Hence, a lot of angry customers. Why did Apple disable this shortcut trick? Maybe they have plans for their own app to do the same? Wish we could get it back though. It's much simpler to make one click to get to a commonly used setting than having to dive through the layers to get to it.