Re: [apple-iphone] Tom Tom GPS for iphone

  • Jim Saklad
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 1, 2009
      >>> You can't buy it as one package in an iPhone now can you?
      >>>
      >>> To me, it's well worth the $10/mo charge. Also keep in mind when you
      >>> get a GPS unit or the TomTom software, that initial price usually
      >>> doesn't include map updates.
      >>
      >> $25 ONCE for the eastern US
      >> $25 ONCE for the western US
      >>
      >> Available for a couple of months now.
      >>
      >> <http://www.xroadgps.com/Maps/GMapforiPhone/tabid/2463/Default.aspx>
      >
      > That software is not as good as Navigator. I hate it.

      I'll never find out how good it is or isn't:
      1. $25 once versus $120 per year, year after year.
      2. Maps available always versus no mapping in a no-ATT area.

      Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@...
    • Richard E Johnson, MD
      Message 68 of 68 , Jul 2, 2009
        So what would be the difference between TomTom GPS and the Map
        function currently on my new 3GS? I've never used a GPS app or device
        before except watching my medical practice partner's built in GPS in
        his GMC Yukon Denali ~2004.
        Thanks,
        Dick