In last 7 days
List guidelines are as follows:
1. Members will engage in scholarly debate which reflects positively on their own position. Don't give your side of the debate a bad name by behaving badly.
2. Good-natured humor and sarcasm are welcome.
3. Gratuitous ad-hominem is considered flaming and will result in a "Point of Order" note to the infractor for the first offense, followed by moderated mode on the second offense, and summary unsubscription on the third, with the opportunity for appeal off list, according to Titus 3:10,11. Refusal to accept a point of order message politely will result in immediate ban from posting.
4. Profanity will receive the same results as flaming.
5. After receipt of a point of order message, a post to the list or off list acknowledging the infraction and agreeing not to repeat it will clear any points of order standing against you.
6. Appeal procedures: unsubscribed members may communicate off list with the moderators and request resubscription after acknowledgement of infraction. Resubscription will be permitted by consensus of the moderators.
7. The moderators may take other actions not included in these guidelines as the needs of the list dictate.
8. The golden rule is the primary principle of list participation. In debate, members are encouraged to practice the principle of charity: Give your opponent the benefit of the doubt where possible, argue against the strongest argument of your opponent, and don't use rhetorical tricks or sophistry. Argue passionately, but be kind.
9. Godwin's Law applies, even though this isn't Usenet.
- Nov 15, 1998
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.