Lists Back Up!!!

  • Kerry Gilliard - International Webmaster
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 1999
      Greetings lists!

      This is your friendly neighborhood list moderator, Kerry. As most of you
      remember, I had to take both lists down during the week of the 15-22nd of
      August and haven't had them back up since then due to lack of time to
      properly moderate and keep an eye on things. Here's what's been going on
      with me:

      New job - I work at Kinkos. Thanks for all the prayers from folx on both
      lists that have been sent up for me. I love my new job, although it is very
      time consuming at times.

      Job #2 that's been eating up all of my time - many of you know I'm a music
      ed major at Bowie State Univ. in MD. For years, I've been doing all (95%)
      of the arranging of the music and writing of the field shows for the
      schools' marching band. Well, this year, we finally got a new director, so I
      don't have to do it all alone anymore :D He's put me on staff, so now I'm
      actually getting PAID for the stuff I've been doing for years. I love the
      staff position I have - BUT it's been eating up all of my time- and I mean
      that literally!! I had to call out from work today at Kinkos because I'm
      working on music for the band!! We have an away game in NC this coming
      weekend, so we've got to be ready (for those of you who've never seen black
      college marching bands, you're missing a treat!).

      School - or attempting to get back in. I owe $900. I'm going to talk to the
      lady in the Student Accounts office tomorrow with the band director to see
      if the money I make as staff can pay for a back bill (the $900 is owed from
      Fall of 1997). I'm 34 credits from graduation, so I'm trying to finish this
      up so I can dive into the workforce.

      Now that the lists are back up and I've adjusted to my new 'schedule', I'll
      be able to at least keep an eye on things. For the apologetics list, Michael
      Finney has graciously volunteered his services to keep an eye on the list,
      so he's the acting moderator in my absence. For the apologetics list,
      William Kilgore will resume as acting moderator in my absence (once he gets
      back from his break from the list as well). In the meantime, I'll be hanging
      around and keeping an eye on that list until William's back. After
      November, things will slow down and I'll be able to actually update my
      ministry website (ha!) and do more on both lists (shame the moderator can't
      even participate! LOL).

      That's it for now. You may resume all old convos (I know a few of you saved
      e-mails and responses!).

      In addition, I've approved the 21 pending requests for subscriptions for
      RCC-Evangelical and the 16 pending subscriptions for Apologetics. So we've
      got a lot of new people joining and I feel things are going to be great! I
      look forward to all the good convos about to happen.

      In Christ,
      Kerry
      List Moderator Emeritus :)
    • nikolai razouvaev
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 1999
        Kerry wrote:
        > This is your friendly neighborhood list moderator,
        > Kerry.

        Kerry, I'm putting you on my list of records as being
        the author of the *longest* awaited reply I recieved,
        ever :)

        whom do you think i should complain to?

        Nikolai
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 1999
          Hello Kerry,
          Good to see you're back. I was starting to wonder if you were really going
          to start up again.

          God bless, Acman2u
        • R & S Turkel
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 1999
            Kerry,

            Best remove me from the list for a week or two in light of my last message.
            Please unsubscribe me until Oct. 1.
            Thanks,

            Bob
          • Kerry Gilliard - International Webmaster
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 1999
              >Kerry wrote:
              >> This is your friendly neighborhood list moderator,
              >> Kerry.
              >
              >Kerry, I'm putting you on my list of records as being
              >the author of the *longest* awaited reply I recieved,
              >ever :)
              >
              >whom do you think i should complain to?
              >
              >Nikolai

              :::looking around to see who to pass the buck to....:::::::

              :D

              Kerry