Re: ON JOHN 8:58

  • Ernesto Florendo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
      Eric,

      Hi. I have been on the list before you came around.

      YOU WROTE: "It would seem to me that Jesus is declaring his divinity in
      verses 24 and 58."

      What do you think of Jesus? His claim? The document that contains this
      claim? I just like to follow your thinking at this point.

      I am a Christian and I confess Jesus as God and and Lord and the only
      Savior.

      Ernesto.
    • Eric061450@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 1999
        In a message dated 3/1/99 12:55:29 AM Central Standard Time,
        cheafrie@... writes:

        << What do you think of Jesus? His claim? The document that contains this
        claim? I just like to follow your thinking at this point. >>

        At this point, I believe that he existed, and that most, if not all, of what
        was written of him in the Bible is true. I am not yet convinced of his
        divinity. I am convinced that of all the worlds religions, Christianity and
        Judaism are the only ones that could possibly be correct. I have studied the
        others and, well, to be blunt, they have an element of absurdity that I could
        never accept. The question for me now is: Is there a God? If God exists,
        Christianity would be my religion of choice.
        ~~Eric